SUZUKI PREP PROGRAMS
The Suzuki Summer String Camp, now in its ninth year, is proud to offer fun and innovative classes that will keep your child motivated and engaged in summer study. Our course offerings for violin, viola and cello are built around the Suzuki method, and will give your child the opportunity to broaden and deepen their musical knowledge. Students must have at least 6 months of previous study on their instrument.
For complete information about our 2018 Suzuki Preparatory String Camp, please visit our webpage here: 2018 Suzuki Preparatory String Camp.
Suzuki Preparatory String Camp
JULY 9 - 13, 2018
9:00am - 3:30pm
*Class availability will depend on camp enrollment. Semi-private, large group & Eurhythmics classes will run regardless of enrollment.
- Semi-private lesson: Students will be grouped by age and level into a small group of 3 - 4 participants. Each student will get a mini-lesson with our experienced instructors, and have the opportunity to work on their solo repertoire. This is a great opportunity for students to learn from one another. Some students may be selected to perform a solo at our end-of-camp recital.
- Large group lesson: Students will be grouped together by repertoire and work on pre-determined Suzuki pieces to perform at our end-of-camp recital.
- Eurhythmics: A fun and active class that teaches an understanding of music's fundamental concepts, expressive meanings, and deep connections to other arts and activities. Students benefit from this approach which incorporates rhythmic movement, aural training and improvisation.
- Orchestra: Intermediate level students will improve sight reading and ensemble skills in this fun group setting.
- Violin fiddlers: Violin students will broaden their musical horizons and experiment with music from other genres.
- Chamber Music: Intermediate students will benefit from this more intimate music making experience and improve their note reading and ensemble skill.
- Note reading: Beginner students will have an opportunity to sharpen their sight reading and musicianship skills.
Note: Schedule may change depending upon enrollment
- 9:00-9:55am: Semi-Private Lesson (with 2, or 3 other students)
- 10:00-10:55am: Group Lesson
- 11:00-11: 55am: Note reading or String Ensemble (depending on students' level)
- 12:00-1:30pm: Lunch - If the weather is permitted, we will go to the area park.
- 1:30: 2:25pm: Eurhythmics, or Chamber Music (depending on students' level)
- 2:30-3:20pm: Cello ensemble, or violin fiddle
- 3:20-3:30pm: Students Pick up
Parents are encouraged to attend both recitals.
- Thursday, 1:00-1:30pm: Solo recital for selected students
- Friday, 2:30-3:30pm: final performance
String Camp Faculty