from creative to career
ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEW SPRING AND SUMMER PROGRAMS COMING OCTOBER 2018
pre-college immersions and TEEN camps for ages 12-18
Whether you’re interested in earning credit toward your college degree now, or just want to explore your creative passion, there is a place for you in the Columbia College Chicago learning community. All of our teen programs are created in collaboration with Columbia’s academic departments and are taught by college faculty and alumni.
SUMMER AT COLUMBIA
THREE-WEEK IMMERSIONS FOR COLLEGE CREDIT - JULY 6-27, 2019
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP FOR CREATIVES
- ACTING FOR FILM AND TELEVISION
- JAZZ PERFORMANCE AND RECORDING
- CREATIVE WRITING
- FASHION AND TRENDSPOTTING
- GAME DEVELOPMENT
- INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING AND PODCASTING
Columbia College Chicago’s Summer at Columbia program provides high school students with college credit and an introduction to campus life, while encouraging them to explore their talent. As a Summer at Columbia student, you will:
- Participate in a program uniquely designed for high school students by our award-winning faculty and staff.
- Learn directly from leaders in the creative industries.
- Meet and collaborate with like-minded peers and graduate mentors from around the world.
- Participate in various industry-specific enrichment activities while exploring the City of Chicago.
- Gain hands-on classroom experience, while earning college credit that can be used towards your major should you attend Columbia College Chicago in the future.
- Have the opportunity to live on campus in the vibrant South Loop neighborhood of Chicago.
WEEK-LONG PROGRAMS IN THE ARTS - SUMMER 2019
- COMEDY FILMMAKING
- THRILLER FILMMAKING
- MUSICAL THEATRE
- ACTING FOR THE CAMERA
- CANDID PHOTOGRAPHY
- DIGITAL MEDIA ARTS
- CREATIVE WRITING
Summer Workshops are one-week programs for students ages 12 through 18, offering the chance to explore the arts and media. These programs are hands-on and collaborative, allowing students produce their own work. Students of all experience levels are welcome to participate.
All workshops are taught by experienced Columbia College Chicago teaching artists, and supported by current Columbia College Chicago students, who serve as Teaching Artist Assistants.
Although no prior experience in an Intensive is required, students must be invested in learning a new discipline and prepared to actively participate in all activities. Please visit the Youth Programs page for more information on programs for younger kids.
READY TO APPLY TO columbia college chicago as an undergraduate?
Columbia College Chicago is an undergraduate and graduate institution whose principal commitment is to provide a comprehensive educational opportunity in the arts, communications, and public information within a context of enlightened liberal arts education. Columbia's intent is to educate students who will communicate creatively and shape the public's perceptions of issues and events, and who will author the culture of their times. Columbia is an urban institution whose students reflect the economic, racial, cultural, and educational diversity of contemporary America. Columbia conducts education in close relationship to a vital urban reality and serves an important civic purpose by active engagement in the life and culture of the city of Chicago.